Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mama


As I wrote in my last post, my Mom seemed to know things about me that I didn’t even know myself. Even at my worst, she stood by me and supported me. Even when it came out that I was gay and my father went into denial (to which he is still in), she stood by me. I wrote this song which was intended to be played in a 12 bar blues kind of flavor for her, but I couldn’t get it 100% right cuz I really can’t sing well. So, I gave it to her as a poem. It’s called Mama.
Oh, and this picture? I know it is the "Death of Hyacycnthus" and doesn't have anything to do with a Mom, but I liked the pic and thought that in some ways it does represent unconditional love.

Mama, you always make things turn out right
Mama, you shine like the morning light
Mama, you always hold me oh so tight
And Mama, you always make the day seem bright
You’re always there for me, my Mama

We’re all older than we used to be
A little grayer than we’d like to be
Wrinkles line our face for all to see
But little things don’t matter for you and me
Because Mama, we’re more than meets the eye
We’re also the best of friends you and I

Together now for a long long time
Always loving, never questioning why
You’re always there for me
I love you my Mama

1 comment: