Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tough Times

Today I was talking with a great friend that is going through some serious shit right now and I got to admit I am very proud of him and how he is handleing it. Sometimes it is hard to see "The light at the end of the tunnel." I for one, just a year and a half ago had a bit of a surgery that changed my entire life, and like my friend, I had to look real hard to find that perverbial light. I ended up having to "retire" (sounds better than quit) from riding motocross, from competing in Judo and for the first six months after the surgery, left me wondering if I was even going to be able to walk on my own. My hands didn't work great in the beginning either and for the longest time I couldn't even look at my guitars for fear that I couldn't even do that!

Well, I worked hard at keeping a good attitude, I did my therapy and pushed myself - now, a year and a half later, I run every day, play in a band and I have a much healthier respect for things I once took for granted. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel although sometimes it is hard to see.

I bring this up to in some small way, to tell my friend, "Hang in there!" and for anyone else that is going through some crisis, be it small or large to do the same.

Now, if I could only apply this thinking to my sex life!!

2 comments:

  1. wow never looked at it that way i been hurt on them many times and well you know my little bro just got his arm broken from crashing one. funny thing is al the bike wrecks growing up didnt screw me up like a car wreck having a knee replaced suck and to think it wasnt from a dirt bike. anyhoo thanks for the support and comments on my blog.

    hope this answers your question you ask me
    we have a couple 250cc and 3 125cc we also have 125cc and 250cc atv. well i say we really my dad does on the farm but he got them for us boys. they are mostly hondas and a couple suzuki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you've been able to come back as you have. That picture confirms how serious it was.

    ReplyDelete