Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thinking

Being kind of new to this blogging thing I find it kind of surreal. You put stuff out into this vast space which is kind of like tossing a grain of sand onto a beach and then wonder if someone will walk by and notice it amongst all the other grains. Does it get picked up, glanced at and then tossed away? Or does it get studied? I am sure, for the most part, people walk on by without a notice. Just a thought.

I was also wondering why is it as a gay man it seems that we have to announce that we are gay? I mean heterosexuals don't have to declare their sexuality. If you go to a straight guys blog, generally speaking you wont see him announce, "I am a straight man living in,......blah blah blah". It isn't like I am ashamed of my sexuality, I guess I just wonder at the hypocrisy of it all.

Your thoughts are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to announce it if you don't want to, of course.

    But since by all studies, straight guys outnumber gays by at least nine to one, and maybe even 20 or 25 to 1, people assume guys are straight until they have a reason to think differently. So if your mannerisms in person, or the things you talk about or the words you use ("undies", "fabulous") in your writing don't tell people, they'll think you're straight.

    So it's just a matter of statistical probabilities that people will assume you're straight if you don't somehow tip them off or come out..

    ReplyDelete