Thursday, August 27, 2009

Names


When I started this blog, I used the name Eirik; it is a nickname I have had for several years. I use it because that the people that tend to use that name with me, really know me. They are the ones that have seen me cry; seen me passed out; when I woke up in the hospital, they were the ones that I saw by my bed with my parents; they are the ones that know I am gay and the ones that have stood by me. They tease me for having "guitar or bass face" when I get lost into the music when playing a song - These are the people that know me as Eirik.


Over the years, I have had many different nick names. My real name is Mike Smith (how cliche and not fabulous), so with a name like that I have been called Mikey, (not cool) Mike, Michael and Smitty (all played out IMHO). So, it was with no thought that I used the name Eirik since I wanted to put down thoughts, feelings and ramblings that I would impart to those that know me best or would maybe like to get to know better.


3 comments:

  1. mike im sorry i didnt mean to call you out just was wondering is all i sent you an email an explain myself. you were fine the way you were just me wondering is all. well i hope that i get know you well enough i can call you eirik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit late from me, but welcome to Blog-Land. Hope you will find everything you are looking for here - a welcoming community and some great people blogging here also.

    Cheers,
    Seth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a DJ on my college radio station in the early 80s. I was afraid of getting beat up if people knew I was the guy who played hardcore on the radio (punk rock was not cool), so I went by Demon Child (something I was called by people in high school in 11th & 12th grade). Whenever I subbed for someone else, though, I was Mike Smith.

    :-D

    PS: I'm adding you to my links on my blog.

    ReplyDelete