Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Poem - Blissfully Unaware

I don’t want the truth – all I want are lies,
Pretty green fields beautiful blue skies.
Tell me that you love me; tell me that you care,
Make me a believer; completely unaware,
Cuz I’m walkin’ in the dark; afraid of the light,
Grateful I can’t see; hiding in the night.

I see what I want; pictures in my head,
Butterflies surround me, whisper what you said.
You’re playin’ a game; not caring for rules,
Lie and keep me happy, play me the fool.
I’m convinced that you love me; convinced that you care,
I’m a believer, blissfully unaware.

Talking behind my back; Lying to my face,
You’re good at this game; you’re mask in place.
I haven’t got a clue; I don’t give a damn,
I’m fucking happy – really I am.
Doesn’t matter if you love me; don’t matter if you care,
Cuz I’m a believer; Blissfully unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment