Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life Stuff

Sorry I haven't been around as of late; I have been going through some stuff that has taken much of my time and energy. For some that have read some of my past posts may know, I have a brain tumor. No big; almost two years ago they peeled my scalp, took out the Makita hole saw, drilled a big ass hole in my skull and scooped most of the bad stuff out. The screwed and superglued me back together and for the last two years I have been doing very well. You can't even really see the scar. Physically, I am great. I swim 1000 to 1500 meters almost every morning and run 3 or 4 miles a day as well. It took me a while to get back to that after the surgery, but I did because I never gave up.

A week ago or so, I went in to get my quarterly check up and MRI. Up to that point the week was going great - I actually got hit on by two very hot guys and that really made me feel good. But, when I got the results from my MRI I found that I had a new "spot" that is showing bad signs. Bad enough that come Monday I will be back in the Hospital and on Wednesday I will be getting my head popped open again. I guess it is all part of the gig - what are you going to do? Give up? I can't do that, but I can be frustrated. But you know I have to be thankful that my Docs are doing all those extra tests on me - the ones that the government say are not needed and causing the cost of healthcare to go up. Yeah, those. Because of those test, they caught this early and they may be able to nip it in the bud and quite litterally save my life.

In the mean time, you may not hear from me for a bit and I will ask forgiveness in advance if any of my posts in the near future come off negative or in rants - the drugs they put you on for this sort of thing do funny things to you for a while. But again, it is all part of the gig.

I hope to "see" you all again real soon and whatever you do or are going through, keep your chin up and don't give up. It could always be worse.

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, Eirik, for being with us and sharing with us. I admire your courage, and positive outlook on life, and your unfailing optimism. I'm sure I will speak for everyone when I say, I pray for you, and hope to hear from you as soon as your feeling better.

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eirik , I am so sorry you have to go threw this again . This isn't my pity, I can see clearly by reading your posts you don't need it. Just know it just my way of saying your not alone, that you have people out there pulling for you. And for you Medication we take you as you are. Wishing you a speedy recovery and healing wishing I keep a candle burning for you ... Just

    It's gonna be a long hard drag, but we'll make it” Janis Joplin

    One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all ~ White Rabbits Janis Joplin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eirik - one of the reasons I like reading your blog is for your unique insight and positive outlook. While nobody likes getting news like you have received, the way we handle it is what set’s people apart. I get the impression that you have already steeled yourself for this and are ready for “battle” as it were. Be strong mate and know that you are in my thought and prayers.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. I am sure all will go well. LOVE AND HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking good thoughts, Eirik. I really will. I wish I could say something more inspirational than that. And if you ever want to rant about anything or talk about anything, and I mean this, you send me an e-mail and I'll listen at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking about u sending good thoughts.

    kissea

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW buddy, I just caught this post late! As someone who has spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals (three times this year so far) I sympathize. They are going to take good care of you, I'm sure. Just stay strong!

    I don't know how you feel about being included in the prayers of a dirty minded gay Mormon, but you'll be in mine.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Eirik , Just wanted you to know you were on my mind ... hope everything when you way , and you healing ... can't wait to hear from you ... sending healing wishes your way ... Just

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eirik...I've been thinking about you. I hope everything went well.

    ReplyDelete