Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello!

Hey Guys!
First let me say that I actually really miss you guys. I never actually thought that I would miss people that I have never met face to face, but it is true. I think for most people we take certain interactions for granted. It isn't that I ever took any of you for granted, I just never realized the happiness I get from most of you until I was relocated temporarily from my PC. If you look at the pic you'll see that If I was at one end of this place and I needed to go to the other (which I do) it is quite the hike. Add to the fact that radiation and all the drugs they have me on really make me sleeeeeeeeepy. Oh well, part of the gig I guess. It could be worse and I am sure some do, so I should consider myself lucky that I have access at all!


So, the other day I had a post ready, but tossed it, today I forgot it! Go figure - I'm a spazz, what can I say?

Oh, so I have this "friend" that I am in sort of a long distance relationship with. He is hella cute, and it is a love/hate, love to hate, hate to love type of thing. We never get to see each other physically and overall the whole thing is a pain in the ass (No - not like that). I have thought of breaking the whole thing off, but if you care about someone don't you try to work through the bad and hard stuff? We have left things open so if we choose to go out and have some fun or something, then that is all cool, but I have a hard time with that. To complicate matters, lets face it, I have brain cancer or a not very friendly type. Is it fair to him to even suggest a more stringent or singular relationship? Or should I just let things go and see what happens? I already know the usual stuff; "if you really love him,...." and all that, but I am sure most of you know; it is never that easy. Why, IDK.

On the good side, my Mom came up to spend the weekend with me and brought my dog. It was fun smuggling him around the hospital - lol. Most of the places if you just acted like you knew what you were doing, they were cool with it. I guess my little Scruffy blended in with the "work" dogs - lol!

Anyway guys,....I hope and pray everyone is doing well. My love and prayers go out to all of you!

Eirik

4 comments:

  1. Eirik, I'm surprised at that bit of defeatist attitude from you. If someone loves you, they can love you whatever your condition, it should not be a problem.

    But with this long distance relationship thingy - have you ever actually met the guy? Personall, I see those things always seem to end badly, every time I hear someone mention they have one, I cringe. Either way, choose what makes you happy, and see where it leads.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seth - thanks for the little kick in the ass, and I agree that a medical condition should not get in the way with love. I guess I was having a rough day - Hey! I can't be up all the time! lol!


    To answer your question; yes I know him personally - in fact I was his "roomie" for about 3 years (he is a fatastic cook and put so much emotion into it!)But he is in a contract situation and can't get up here for about 3 more years and with my medical condition and the fact that our family business that I help run is up here, it really makes things difficult and stressful at times.


    I guess what would make me happy would of course be the storybook thing, but that is not part of the gig. So, since I am a helpless romantic, ultimately what I want is for him to be happy. So, I think you are right,....I go with the flow and see what pans out.


    Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always glad to read a new post from you. I check in every day to see if you have posted. Just wanted to let you know that we miss you as well and you are in our prayers. Much LOVE and Many HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts...and you, too.

    I've brought my dog to the hospital several times, and it winds up that a lot of other patients enjoy it as much as the family member I'm visiting. It's good for healing; they (animals) have good energy.

    Since I can't give you a big hug in person, here's one from cyberspace. XXXOOORyan

    ReplyDelete